Fundamental Approach to Corporate Governance
As the “World's Most Inspiring Entertainment Group,” BANDAI NAMCO will continue to provide “Dreams, Fun and Inspiration” to people around the world through entertainment based on creativity and boundless enthusiasm. Our highest priority is the provision of benefits to all stakeholders who support our business activities. We believe that in striving to maximize enterprise value over the long term, bolstering corporate governance is an important management issue.
Corporate Governance System
The Company is working to enhance the supervision of management. The board of directors includes 10 members, of whom 3 are outside directors. Moreover, in order to ensure that the Company responds to changes in the management environment as promptly as possible and to further clarify the responsibilities and awareness of directors, the term of directors has been set at one year or less.
The Company uses the statutory auditor system. The board of statutory auditors comprises four auditors, of whom 3 are outside auditors. Two of the statutory auditors are full-time. In accordance with the allocation of responsibilities as determined by the board of auditors, each statutory auditor conducts audits, working with the independent auditors as needed.
The Internal Auditing Division rigorously audits business execution, and the independent auditors provide account auditing. With close interaction centered on the statutory auditors, the Company's internal control systems are continually monitored, and all issues are identified and understood and recommendations for resolving those issues are provided.
Top management meetings attended by directors and statutory auditors are shown below.
|Meeting Name||Schedule||Agenda / Purpose||Participants|
|Board of Directors||Monthly||Resolutions and reports on matters prescribed by the Company Law. Resolutions, deliberations, and reports on matters related to the BANDAI NAMCO Group.||Directors
|SBU Monthly Report Meeting||Quartaly||Share consolidated figure and information related to business.||Directors
|Group Management Meeting||Quartaly||Deliberations on matters related to Group management probrem･Mid-term strategy of over all.||Directors
|Waigaya Meeting||Weekly||Weekly reports on divisions supervised by BANDAI NAMCO Holdings'directors.||Full-time directors
As shown in the table above, the Company holds a variety of top management meetings and has established a system that facilitates rapidly tracking and responding to Group management information. Moreover, the Company has established the Personnel Committee. Outside directors represent half of the members of this committee, which objectively and neutrally considers personnel and compensation issues regarding directors of the Company as well as other matters that are referred to it.
In addition, we hold regular meetings of the Compliance Committee, which is led by the president. This committee is in charge of monitoring and supervising important issues related to compliance and has established a system to prevent violations of laws and regulations and to ensure prompt action in the event of any incidents that could be a legal or regulatory violation.
In crisis management, the Crisis Management Committee, which is led by the president, meets as needed and works on behalf of the BANDAI NAMCO Group to prevent crisis situations and to ensure a prompt response if such situations do occur.
The Group comprises three Strategic Business Units (SBUs) and the affiliated business companies, which principally provide support to the SBUs. In each SBU, operating strategies in Japan and overseas are formulated and implemented, centered on the SBU's core company.
The Company, which is a holding company, monitors each SBU; holds meetings of Groupwide committees, such as the Group Management Meeting, and the Group CSR Committee; and formulates strategies for the Group as a whole.
Internal Control Systems
To further enhance its internal control systems and to provide a sound foundation for internal control on a Groupwide basis, the Group has established basic policies in each of the following areas and is working to bolster its internal control systems.
- A system for ensuring that the directors conform to laws, regulations, and the articles of incorporation in the execution of their duties.
- A system for storing and controlling information concerning the execution of the duties of directors.
- Regulations concerning the management of the risk of losses and other systems.
- A system to ensure that directors execute their duties efficiently.
- A system for ensuring that employees’ duties conform to laws, regulations, and the articles of incorporation.
- A system for ensuring that work is carried out appropriately by the Group, consisting of the company, its parent company, and its subsidiaries.
- Items concerning employees requested by auditors to assist the auditors in the performance of their duties.
- Items concerning the independence of the employees described in the previous section from the directors.
- A system for reports by directors and employees to the statutory auditors and a system for other reports to the statutory auditors.
- Other systems to ensure that the audits performed by the statutory auditors are effective.