BANDAI NAMCO Group CSR Statement
BANDAI NAMCO Group’s CSR Management
Themes that require special initiatives have been identified as the “BANDAI NAMCO Group’s Important CSR Themes.” In addition, each Unit and affiliated business company formulates its own “CSR Major Initiative Themes” and leverages the special characteristics of its operations to implement activities in accordance with those themes.
BANDAI NAMCO Group CSR Policy
Formulation of Important CSR Themes
Aiming to further enhance the effectiveness of CSR activities, we formulated the BANDAI NAMCO Group’s Important CSR Themes at the meeting of the Group CSR Committee and are promoting them from FY2010.3 as well as reviewing them periodically. With consideration for the influence that companies have on society in addressing the various social issues that surround the Group, we implemented multifaceted initiatives to identify and evaluate themes that require special initiatives. In this way, we formulated the BANDAI NAMCO Group’s Important CSR Themes. As a company that provides “Dreams, Fun and Inspiration” to customers around the world, each individual employee will advance initiatives in line with these important themes, hoping this will lead toward the resolution of social issues.
Important CSR Theme Formulation Process
In formulating the BANDAI NAMCO Group’s Important CSR Themes, we advanced through a process of reconfirming which CSR themes are the most important from the perspective of the BANDAI NAMCO Group and its stakeholders. First, we interviewed four outside experts to identify the needs of society surrounding the Group. Next, based on a variety of information, such as reports on investigations conducted by external organizations, we then compiled 68 specific items related to CSR activities. We evaluated these items from the perspectives of the Mid-term Plan, guidelines, and the other sources listed below, and subsequently organized and classified them. Through this process, we established the four Important CSR Themes.
The appropriateness of the Important CSR Themes is evaluated for each Mid-term Plan, and related measures are implemented after we confirm that there are no inconsistencies between the Group’s direction and the demands of society.
In the fiscal year ended March 2019, we took steps to verify how the Group's business and activities in line with the "Important CSR Themes" are contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which are the focus of increasing concern in society. As a result of an analysis by a third party, we were able to confirm that we have already approached many of the 17 SDGs.
Important Viewpoints for the Formulation of the Themes
1. BANDAI NAMCO Group guidelines related to CSR
2. BANDAI NAMCO Group Mid-term Plan
3. Standards such as the GRI Guidelines, ISO 26000(Japanese translation), and the Ministry of the Environment’s Environmental Report Guidelines
4. Initiatives of corporations with innovative CSR activities
5. Opinions of outside experts
Opinions and Approaches that We Referenced for the Formulation of the Themes
Opinions of Stakeholders
- Interviews with outside experts
- Third-party opinions in CSR reports
- Reports on investigations conducted by external organizations (Sustainable Brand Survey, Global NGO Survey (E-Square Inc.), etc.)
The BANDAI NAMCO Group’s Policies
- BANDAI NAMCO Group Corporate Philosophy
- BANDAI NAMCO Group Compliance Charter
- CSR Initiatives
- BANDAI NAMCO Group Environmental Policy
- BANDAI NAMCO Group Environmental Vision
- BANDAI NAMCO Group Basic Policy on Social Contribution
Perspectives that are Referenced during Verification
- Trends in Japan and overseas / demands of society
- Interviews with outside experts
- BANDAI NAMCO Group Mid-term Plan
BANDAI NAMCO Group’s CSR Promotion System
The Group CSR Committee comprises the presidents of the core companies of the business segments. In this way, the Group is making decisions rapidly and advancing CSR activities in a manner that is integrated with operations.